Vice Chairman's Thought : Er. Bodhisattva Banerjee
From my experience as an engineer and a Management Graduate from Germany, I understand how important proactive vision is for taking an institute forward. My motto is to make GMIT one of the top institutes not just in West Bengal, but in India as well.
And this is how I plan to go about realizing this motto:
1. Our strength is our excellent faculty and we hope to continue the trend of recruiting and retaining good faculty. We plan to achieve this via various faculty development programs, pro-employee HR policies and adherence to best practices in the industry.
2. Within the campus, I plan to inculcate a culture and environment that is international and professional in flavour and yet warm and vibrant.
3. I plan to initiate soft skills training and personality development programs alongside the regular curriculum to enable students to face interviews confidently and be productive as professionals.
4. I plan to create an industry-academia connect whereby students can be familiar with industry trends and demands. We’ll do this through guest lectures by corporate houses on campus and call the initiative the ‘Saturday Corporate Matinee Program’.
5. We plan to introduce exchange programs with foreign universities. At present, we are collaborating with universities in Germany, France and the US, with a view to incorporating cross-culture training in our curriculum in the future.
6. Finally, I plan to promote our Entrepreneurship Development Cell and incubation facilities with the aim of making our students well rounded professionals alive to social and ethical issues.